(“we”, “us” or “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy and any other documents referred to on it sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting our site you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
• Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform;
• Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site, items you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, methods used to browse away from the page.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
• Any member of our group;
• Selected third parties including:
• our commercial partners, our members, business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
• advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help commercial partners reach the kind of audience they want to target;
• analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
• fraud and crime prevention agencies and providers.
Where we store your personal data
We take reasonable precautions when storing and preventing the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. data transmissions over the internet is innately insecure and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent via the internet.
We also take appropriate measures to ensure that the information disclosed to us kept secure, accurate and up to date, and only kept as long as is necessary for the purpose which it is used.
You are entitled to request the information that holds relating to you and you may ask us at any time to amend this accordingly, to ensure that the data held is accurate. If you wish to request your data please do so by contacting us. We are entitled to charge a fee to cover the costs in providing this information.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes. You can also instruct us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
• Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
• Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
• Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
• Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
To find out more about cookies:
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.